Page MediaWiki:TemplateMenu.js has no content.
Page names in Appropedia should:
- Tell uninformed readers at a glance what the page is about (e.g. Deidre's vertical vegetable garden instead of "Daidre's project")
- Have only the first letter of the first word capitalized (e.g. Appropriate technology) except for:
- Be a complete name rather than an acronym (note that redirects can be created from the acronym) except where:
Following are hints on naming different types of pages
The name of the page should describe the specific subject area. The title should be, as far as possible:
- Easy to understand
- Consistent with common usage
- Organization name + Project type — e.g. AEF Greywater
- Project location + Project type — e.g. Occidental Greywater
- Your name + Project type — e.g. Aleiha's parabolic solar cooker
- Full name of program — e.g. Parras summer program
- Your area name + supplies — e.g. Humboldt California supplies
- Name of organization, program, project or location where coordination is taking place - hoped for final product name.
- For global coordinations, just use the hoped for final product name — e.g. Low cost computer guide
This is for resources that would be placed under a topic. These pages are almost always under another category as well. Please peruse the other categories, to see if there is one that can direct your naming better.
- Name of your thesis — e.g. Water management and culture in Indonesian cities
- Help:Moving a page — How to rename (move) a page
- Wikipedia:Article titles — Wikipedia page naming policy
Page MediaWiki:TemplateHorizontalMenu.js has no content.