Who we are
See the Parras Invitation for initial information on this Parras summer program. In addition, please browse the user pages, project pages and other working pages below to see more about us and what we are doing.
For current students in the Parras 2008 Program
Here is our table of six criteria that define an appropriate technology for our group. Competing solutions can be rated on how well they meet each of the following criteria. Then those rating can be multiplied by the criterion weights. The solution with the highest score is the most appropriate.
|Criteria||Weight (0-10 highest)|
|Leverages existing knowledge (doesn't reinvent the wheel)||10|
In general our schedule is Monday through Friday, 9am to noon and 4pm to 6pm. Some days (usually Fridays) will be field trips during which we will not have an at home lunch break (so bring a lunch). In addition, a lot of time will be spent on your projects (and homework). Please let me know if you need me to meet with your team at any other times. Below is a more current calender as well (removed as the summer 08 semester is over).
Pages in category "Parras 2008"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- Bamboo demonstration motor
- Daycare rainwater catchment system
- DIF Adobe Senior Center 2008
- El Nuevo Sol Learning Garden
- El Nuevo Sol Learning Garden/Lesson Plan 1
- El Nuevo Sol Learning Garden/Lesson Plan 2
- El Nuevo Sol Learning Garden/Lesson Plan 3
- El Nuevo Sol Learning Garden/Lesson Plan 4
- El Nuevo Sol Learning Garden/Lesson Plan 5
- El Nuevo Sol Learning Garden/Lesson Plan 6
- Parras assignments/Criterios
- Parras AT assignments
- Plant Life Cycle Story (in spanish)
- UTC solar water pasteurizer